The ADP application programming interface (API) uniform resource identifier (URI) uses the following pattern:
The following are the commonly used verbs:
- ADD for inserting a new object.
- CHANGE for updating an existing object.
- REMOVE for deleting an existing object.
For example, the URI to add a personal contact is:
Interacting with Common APIs
- To retrieve the metadata related to an operation, call the associated meta API when available.For example, provide resources and resource requirements, such as required or optional, and if a reference API needs to be used for a resource.
- Call the reference API as needed. A common reference API is a codeList API.
- Expose resources to be captured in your application and enforce resource requirements according to the meta.For example, mark a field as required, or display a pick list for values returned by a codeList API.
- Compose a request payload using the data captured and validated by your application.
- Send the request to ADP.
- Process the response.