This guide provides a high-level overview of ADP Marketplace Platform, applications, application programming interfaces (APIs), and integrations for developers and product owners, so you can learn to plan ADP Marketplace development projects.
What's New in this Guide?
- Updated and added the following in this chapter:
- Updated Your Marketplace Development Project Plan with newly available Developer Self Service Portal information for Partners joining the ADP Marketplace since August 2020.
- Added Access to Weekly Office Hours Hosted by ADP.
- Replaced and updated the following in Chapter 2 - ADP Marketplace Platform and Applications under Exercise 2.2.3: Understanding the ADP Partner Credentials:
- Replaced link to a video with a link to an article.
- Updated with Developer Self Service Portal information for Partners joining the ADP Marketplace since August 2020.
- Updated Developer Self Service Portal information in Chapter 3 - Data Integration and APIs under Exercise 3.4: Learning About the ADP Marketplace Integration Best Practices with information for Partners joining the ADP Marketplace since August 2020.
Using this Guide
Each section starts with a high level introduction, followed by exercises, so your team gains more insights. We recommend developers and product owners go through all the exercises. Your team member can use Chapter 6 - Partner Developer Learning Checklist.
Additional Resources Provided by ADP Marketplace
As part of partner onboarding we provide you the following in addition to this guide.
Access to the ADP Partner Help Center
Your team should use the ADP Partner Help Center as the ADP Marketplace Platform knowledge base as well as getting help from ADP by submitting and managing your tickets. Exercise 2.1.2 in Chapter 2 - The ADP Marketplace Platform and Applications provides more details.
ADP Marketplace Technical Advisor
A dedicated technical advisor will be assigned to your project within a week after your ADP Marketplace administrator receives an ADP login. Your advisor is the point of contact for your project with the following responsibilities:
- Assists with product planning and milestone review.
- Serves as an escalation point for support ticket resolutions.
- Reviews your product demonstrations and provides feedback.
- Provides best practices for ADP Marketplace Integration.
Your Marketplace Development Project Plan
A project plan tool is provided to you as part of partner on-boarding to manage tasks and ownership. As your technical advisor needs to coordinate ADP related process and tasks, make sure to review, understand, and manage features and tasks in the plan and update the task completion frequently, so your advisor could plan to allocate his or her time to best assist your team's need.
- Partners who joined ADP Marketplace after August 2020 can access the ADP developer self service tool by going to https://adpapps.adp.com/self-service.
- Partners who joined ADP Marketplace prior to August 2020 will continue to use existing tool https://app.smartsheet.com/ until all are migrated to the new tool.
Access to a Test Client on an ADP Platform
A test client (referred to as the sandbox) on an ADP platform (such as RUN Powered by ADP or ADP Workforce Now) is provided to your team so you could use it to understand the functionality offered by the platform as well as use it for understanding the API behavior.
- Partners who joined ADP Marketplace after August 2020 can view sandbox access information at the ADP developer self service tool.
- Partners who joined ADP Marketplace prior to August 2020 should refer to the ADP Partner Credentials document distributed to you through the partner on-boarding email under Section IV - Partner Credentials for Data Connector.
Access to the ADP Marketplace Platform and Development Environment
You are set up with a login to ADP you can then navigate to apps.adp.com. Here you can create an app listing and will be supplied with credentials to manage new subscriptions/customers that purchase your full product and/or connector product.
Access to ADP Marketplace Developer Collaboration Channel through Slack
Your team members are invited through email during on-boarding to join the ADP Marketplace Developer Slack channel to collaborate with other developers. The more people get involved and engaged, the more benefits everyone receive. Share your development tips with others as well as asking others for help as needed.
Access to Weekly Office Hours Hosted by ADP
Your team members are invited to a weekly Office Hours Q and A. Here you can ask any questions regarding your integration with the ADP Marketplace. ADP Marketplace technical advisors will be on hand to answer any questions along with other ADP partner developers.
The office hours are every Thursday at 10:30am EST except U.S. holidays through Webex Online Meeting